Friday, October 20, 2017

Legacy Tiles

**PHOTO HEAVY POST**

8th graders leave middle school and they never look back. We all have those students we wave to as they leave, and mutter under our breath "... good riddance" and then we have those students we hold back tears for, as we watch them walk through the doors for the last time. One thing I remember about all of my students, good or bad, is they have taught me a lesson somewhere along the way.

All of my 8th graders create a legacy tile, they find a work of art that speaks to them and re-create it on a ceiling tile. The tile stays forever, and when the students are gone, it comforts me to look up and see their names and the lasting impressions they had on me.

Our tiles are 24"x 24"and students use tempera or acrylic paint.

Here are a few (or well, more than a few) of my favorites from the last 7 years. Enjoy :)















































No comments:

Post a Comment