Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Paint Day present for Mother's Day!

Let's face it, not every student we teach has a Mom at home. some students live with other family members and some live with family friends. Most kids however, have a mother figure living with them- it might be grandma, or auntie, or sister, or cousin, but they usually have someone who is helping to take care of them. 

This year I got the idea to have a mock Paint Party with my students and the resulting canvas would be a great Mother's Day gift for their mother, or someone in their lives who has acted as a mother to them.

I covered the tables with brown roll paper, and set up an easel at every spot. I put a 9x12 canvas on each easel and placed a paper plate by each students spot. I gave them a small brush and a big brush and white, black, blue, violet and pink paint. 

I used a big piece of foam board at the front of the room that I used for an example as I painted along with them. 

Overall I was really impressed with their work and I really hope their mother figures will love their paintings!




















No comments:

Post a Comment