Friday, March 23, 2018

Art Show Time

Here in my county, we call it the Fine Arts Festival. Every Art teacher from every school comes to a central high school at 3:00 on a Friday afternoon and displays all their students hard work! There are countless hours that go into choosing, organizing, mounting, labeling and then hanging the 100+ pieces of artwork that I bring each year- but I LOVE to showcase my students amazing talents!


Things I've learned along the way:
1. Magnetic Bulldog Clips... In my exhibition space, there is a long row of metal lockers... these things save me an infinite amount of time hanging things. 
2. Roll Paper... I mount almost everything on black roll paper from our school library. I glue each piece down and label it with a students name. I lay all of my pieces of roll paper on top of one another and literally roll it into a big log. It makes for the easiest carry-in ever! When I bring it all back to my school all I have to do is cut each piece of art off and it leaves a nice black mount around the edge :)
3. Bring extra... I bring extra tape, extra scissors, extra labels, extra art if I have some. I never know just how much of whatever I am going to need, so I always over compensate. 
4. Relax.. I am the only one who is going to know that something is a little too far to the left, or that something was mounted a little crooked. People who come to see the art are going to do just that, they are not going to criticize or even notice if something is slightly skewed. 
5. Take pictures... That is the best way to remember how you did things from year to year.

I hope you enjoy "visiting" my space at the art show :)
























No comments:

Post a Comment